Firefox 75 Released With Flatpak Support, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynical View Post
    Wayland works well in my experience on Intel/AMD. The only issue I have is the lack of a hardware cursor.
    What do you mean? All the major Wayland compositors use HW cursors.

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

I doubted this would work because i have an AMD gpu, but i tried it anyway, it still crashes as soon as i try to play a video file.
    You're probably hitting https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1624743 , which was fixed for Firefox 76.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
      You're probably hitting https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1624743 , which was fixed for Firefox 76.
      Yeah that is probably it.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        It -is- a hardware cursor. Wayland is just simply incapable of syncing output on input, so it has no way to keep the rendering lag of the mouse cursor smooth. Or for that matter any input, even joystick and gamepads. Under CPU load there can be multiple -seconds- of input lag because of it. Wayland simply wasn't designed for desktops and you can just forget gaming totally.
        Is this guy serious? I must be hallucinating when I'm enjoying perfectly synced games with zero input lag on Wayland at this very moment. Happy Sway user here, so Wayland is not just working out for GNOME. Anyways, thanks to Martin and RedHat indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          why do you thanks red hat? They make this because their plataform to make money, not to help you
          why do you use firefox then if they make it to make money?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            You are confused. RHEL has never been free
            the only one confused here is you. rhel was always free, you can't distribute non-free stuff under gpl. support for rhel wasn't free, but not code

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Will you stop this CLA hate already? It's getting beyond tiresome.
              it's never tiresome to see your butthurt
              Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              There is nothing evil (or even benign) about CLA. Every project is governed by a license, CLA is just one type among many.
              first, cla is not project's license. second, not every project has one. third, even among projects who have one, there can be less evil cla(like one from gnu) and more evil cla, like one from canonical

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                When was the last time you paid for a web browser? I'm going to guess never. I'm actually old enough to have paid for one. You pay by being the product.
                so are you still using your paid-for browser from nineties ? or you are using free one while spitting your poison to it?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                  you quote me twice about this defending RedHat, are you paid for them? Or IBM?
                  actually he is defending firefox. without redhat he wouldn't be able to use firefox on wayland or at all. so who is paying you for attacking firefox? or we should apply hanlon's razor here and call you imbecile?
                  Last edited by pal666; 08 April 2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    I hope they work on making the video hardware decoding work on non-Wayland also.
                    As much as I want to use Wayland on KDE Plasma, it' still buggy and I think it will still need months or most likely years to improve.
                    why not hope for kde to fix their bugs then?

Comment

Originally posted by spstarr View Post
                      Considering YOU need a CLA to work in Fedora, you contradict yourself.
                      but you don't need "unethical cla" to work in fedora. in particular it doesn't allow redhat to relicense your code, that's the little difference between "cla" and "evil canonical cla"

Comment

Working...
                      X