No announcement yet.

Linux 5.7 To Support Spawning A Process In A Different Cgroup From Its Parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.7 To Support Spawning A Process In A Different Cgroup From Its Parent

Phoronix: Linux 5.7 To Support Spawning A Process In A Different Cgroup From Its Parent

An important infrastructure change with the Linux 5.7 kernel now allows the ability to create a process in a different cgroup from the parent process...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this be secure?

Comment

Doesnt init/service managers already do this? I know that on OpenRC that I use all services has their own cgroup unified/v2 in /sys/fs/cgroup/<service>

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
        Doesnt init/service managers already do this? I know that on OpenRC that I use all services has their own cgroup unified/v2 in /sys/fs/cgroup/<service>

The answer is unfortunately no. They are using a hack to generate the same results that can in fact have a race condition problem. This is finally providing a method that always works todo it.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
          Will this be secure?
          "Secure" with respect to what?

What makes you think that this could impact security in any way in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

What makes you think that this could impact security in any way in the first place?
            If you don't understand that by your own, you are in no position to discuss this.

Comment

If you don't understand that by your own, you are in no position to discuss this.
              Public discussions don't work that way.

Comment

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people.

Comment

Does this potentially allow e.g flatpak containers to create nested containers?

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

Probably in the context of escaping a sandbox/container spawning in another cgroup 🤔

Comment

Working...
                    X