OnLogic Teasing EPYC Edge Servers, Rolling Out More Ryzen Mini PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OnLogic Teasing EPYC Edge Servers, Rolling Out More Ryzen Mini PCs

Phoronix: OnLogic Teasing EPYC Edge Servers, Rolling Out More Ryzen Mini PCs

Linux-friendly industrial PC vendor OnLogic has announced an expanded line-up of their mini PC offerings with Ryzen Embedded processors and also word that next quarter they will be getting into EPYC-powered edge servers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

IMO OnLogic are too expensive for home use. OK if you have a factory I guess.

There's mini-PCs on Aliexpress called "Chatreey S1" that ship with Ryzen APUs. Cheap and cheerful. I haven't bought nor used one, but they cost 142.41 GBP for Ryzen 200GE version, 288.72 GBP for Ryzen 3400G version. If they work as advertised, IMO that's a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
      IMO OnLogic are too expensive for home use.
      You don't need industrial-grade (dust, vibration, temperature and humidity levels, no fan to avoid possible failure modes) for home use.

Stuff for home use will fail in years in an industrial environment (and you REALLY don't want that in an industrial environment).

There's mini-PCs on Aliexpress called "Chatreey S1" that ship with Ryzen APUs.
      Looks neat. Custom board but socketed CPU, probably supports most ryzen APUs and two RAM slots, a M2 slot with NVMe support and two Sata ports (and power for a SSD) https://www.ixbt.com/live/platform/c...koy-vega8.html
      Not fanless though, but the BIOS seems to allow decent fan control.

Comment

Originally posted by coder111 View Post
        IMO OnLogic are too expensive for home use. OK if you have a factory I guess.
        School busses are also too expensive for home use. Ok if you have a school I guess.

Comment

They are pricey. Unless you need the industrial features your better of with a DeskMini A300 imo. The Chatreey S1 look nice but dunno how much i would trust them.

Comment

Working...
          X