Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Developers Are Busy As Ever Ahead Of The 2019 Holidays

Phoronix: KDE Developers Are Busy As Ever Ahead Of The 2019 Holidays

KDE developers are working on "something big" but this week in pre-holiday mode still managed to land a lot of improvements to the wide spectrum of KDE software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

a global UI DPI scaling that works for all apps such as steam would be pretty cool. Windows actually has this and I love its %125/130 modes. I know Plasma has DPI scaling already but its quite clear its very touch and go with MANY apps having odd issues with it!

Comment

I hope that big thing has something to do with roman and david's performance patches for Kwin.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        a global UI DPI scaling that works for all apps such as steam would be pretty cool. Windows actually has this and I love its %125/130 modes. I know Plasma has DPI scaling already but its quite clear its very touch and go with MANY apps having odd issues with it!
        I've always found global DPI scaling on Windows to be rather crappy. Lots of little problems all over the place that lead to it not being very useful except in short stretches. There's really no substitute for proper screen resolution setting, no matter what the DPI weenies think.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          a global UI DPI scaling that works for all apps such as steam would be pretty cool. Windows actually has this
          Deepin (the DE) also has this, both on current stable 15.11 and the v20 beta.

Comment

Working...
          X