WireGuard Lands In Net-Next While It Waits For Inclusion In Linux 5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard Lands In Net-Next While It Waits For Inclusion In Linux 5.6

Phoronix: WireGuard Lands In Net-Next While It Waits For Inclusion In Linux 5.6

The WireGuard secure VPN tunnel kernel code has landed in net-next! This means that -- barring any major issues coming to light that would lead to a revert -- WireGuard will finally reach the mainline kernel with the Linux 5.6 cycle kicking off in late January or early February!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well after nearly 2 years hearing about how this is going to get merged I wonder what news will be left for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by zamadatix View Post
      Well after nearly 2 years hearing about how this is going to get merged I wonder what news will be left for the future!
      Like AMD's DAL/DC…

Comment

So now we can start planning to use it in enterprise environments sometime in 2030s or so?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
          So now we can start planning to use it in enterprise environments sometime in 2030s or so?
          Something like OpenVPN AS is needed for the enterpise, indeed. But it's already on Wireguard TODO.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus View Post
            While there is sometimes non-trivial work to do so, enterprise distros can backport useful functionality. You should work with your TAM to put in the feature request, and to attempt to raise its priority if this is something you want/need sooner. And there is always the user space implementations of boringtun or wireguard-go

Comment

Excellent news, Wireguard is awesome, now hopefully it will become a standard feature in many routers.

Comment

I am a bit of a planner. That is: I first write down some requirements and then select the solution that meets all of them.

Everyone does that? Sure. I was just a bit surprised that Wireguard is the only solution that sustains disconnects of any length and is based on PKI without adding complexity in the form of TTP or certificate revocation or other fake-secure enterprise BS like SSO and 2FA.

That was my honest list and I didn‘t know wireguard before. On top of that it‘s just amazing.
                A shitty mobile connection now feels like ethernet.

Comment

Jason offered backporting to any kernel Ubuntu 20.04 come to use:

Comment

Does that mean that v1.0 is around the corner, or is bumping the status of Wiregard to stable completely unrelated?

Comment

Working...
                    X