NVIDIA 440.36 Linux Driver Released With Official GTX 1650 SUPER Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 440.36 Linux Driver Released With Official GTX 1650 SUPER Support

Phoronix: NVIDIA 440.36 Linux Driver Released With Official GTX 1650 SUPER Support

Building off the NVIDIA 440 stable Linux driver release from earlier this month, the NVIDIA 440.36 Linux driver is out today as a small update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mmmm, i need to replace my noisy GTX970... maybe this 1650 SUPER will be great... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aisyk View Post
      Mmmm, i need to replace my noisy GTX970... maybe this 1650 SUPER will be great... ?
      No, you can save a lot money by getting an aftermarket cooler and carefully replacing the stock cooler. I would wait before you sink $200+ into a newer card. Your GTX 970 is faster than that card.

I would dismantle the whole cooling shroud carefully clean away all dust buildup&thermal compound and replace it with a much better cooling manifold. You will likely end up with higher boost frequencies. Shop around for a good aftermarket cooler but don't sink too much into it. Be delicate and thorough when replacing your stock cooler, take the extra time and patience.

A lot of times when people replace their stock coolers they end up with much more efficient, quieter and higher performing cards.

Unless my GTX 1070 croaks, I don't plan on upgrading to a better card anytime soon. I think the GPU business is ridiculous and people should get the most out of what they have unless its a total dog and ancient. Then wait a while for a ridiculous bargain on a much faster card in the future.

In 2017 I upgraded from a GTS 450 and got my GTX 1070 for $270 which was a steal back then for what I got.
      Last edited by creative; 23 November 2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X