Arch Linux Held Their First Internal Conference Last Month In Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
    Arch is currently _the_ go-to distribution for the technically able who do not want to be treated like little stupids by their operating system.
    I started liking and using Arch when a test installation ended at the console prompt, not nagging me to install some stupid "desktop environment" that I do not need or want.
    Decent distros have the option "console" when they let you choose the interface (OpenSUSE), or they will install a GUI only if you select it (Debian), just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
      Why is one of the people in the photo (on the linked report) wearing a Debian shirt?
      Breaking news, Debian has sent spies to undermine Arch plans, more at 20:00

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post
        Why is one of the people in the photo (on the linked report) wearing a Debian shirt?
        And silly comments like that are the reasons why aliens will not talk to us!
        Last edited by NotMine999; 18 November 2019, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

And here I thought it was because we don't use HURD yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Aliens will not talk to use because they are more silly than us

Comment

Originally posted by dnpp123 View Post
              I never understood why the meme is "BTW I use Arch" and not "BTW I use Gentoo"
              Arch users are the smug ones.

"install gentoo" is a completely different meme, it's not a recommendation from a Gentoo user.

Comment

Originally posted by dnpp123 View Post
                I never understood why the meme is "BTW I use Arch" and not "BTW I use Gentoo"
                How do you know when someone is a Gentoo user? Trick question, you don't because they don't talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                X