NVIDIA 435.27.06 Vulkan Linux Driver Has Useful Display Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 435.27.06 Vulkan Linux Driver Has Useful Display Improvements

Phoronix: NVIDIA 435.27.06 Vulkan Linux Driver Has Useful Display Improvements

Released on Wednesday was the NVIDIA 435.27.06 Linux driver as their newest beta build focused on offering better Vulkan driver support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Somewhat off-topic, Radv/RadeoSI and Nouveau have no control panels, is it true? Any plans?

Comment

The fullscreen exclusive enhancements are for Windows, they use the same notes here as the Vulkan developer drivers are released together.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
        The fullscreen exclusive enhancements are for Windows, they use the same notes here as the Vulkan developer drivers are released together.
        So both AMD and NVidia have non-specific release notes? Terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          Somewhat off-topic, Radv/RadeoSI and Nouveau have no control panels, is it true? Any plans?
          Haha I'm guessing you've been an Nvidia blob user for pretty much the entire time you've used Linux? No - there are no control panels for any of the open-source drivers, and there doesn't seem to be much of a plan to change that either. Everyone's got their hands full trying to get Mesa feature-complete, which I would agree is a better priority.

However, adriconf is a pretty good GUI tool to toggle certain mesa flags, which is typically all you ever need to change anyway (besides resolution and monitor layout settings, which your DE comes with tools with).

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Somewhat off topic but it's really nice weather outside where I live.

There is a big FORUM button for this.

Comment

There is no such thing as "exclussive fullscreen" in Linux :P

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                In theory there is: it's full-screen unredirection.
                The application bypasses the compositor and directly draws to the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by pruzinat View Post

Somewhat off topic but it's really nice weather outside where I live.

There is a big FORUM button for this.
                  Thanks, you're only since Sept but already useful as herpies

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    All I know is that the "exclusive fullscreen" mode that Hitman 2 and a few other Windows games have that basically nulls out alt+tab and prevents my drop-down terminal from staying on top really pisses me off...because, of course, I just love to ctl+alt+F2, log in, killall my_game (or crap, wrong name, htop), logout, and then ctl+alt+F1 back to my GUI session whenever some odd glitch occurs and alt+F4 doesn't kill the game. That exclusive fullscreen mode sucks.

Comment

Working...
                    X