Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider Coming To Linux On 5 November

Phoronix: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Coming To Linux On 5 November

Feral Interactive revealed today that Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be released for Linux on 5 November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good!
    Only native games will make Linux a real gaming platform!

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
      Good!
      Only native games will make Linux a real gaming platform!
      Or a perfectly working Windows compatibility layer (dream)

Comment

Actually Doom works fantasticly with Proton and Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
          Actually Doom works fantasticly with Proton and Vulkan.
          Currently it's borked with Mesa 19.2

Comment

Nice. I stick to my guns and only buy new games as native ports. This will be a day one buy.

Comment

Great news, I've held of buying it until they ported it (unlike rise of the tombraider where I bought it when they said it was going to be released) will buying it of stream after it's launched on Linux get them the money? Or am I best buying it from their store and does that get me a steam key?

Comment

Will be interested to see the performance they've manged to squeeze out vs VKD3D and DXVK. Theres some benchmarks out recently showing 85-90% of windows with those projects. Feral always do solid work, so I wonder if their port is going to be used on Google's Stadia also.
                Last edited by LeJimster; 15 October 2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Now it would be even greater if one could buy this one at GOG. And system reqs. seem yet to be published.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I played it under WINE and Proton and in both cases I got shutdown by Denuvo for 24 hours on several occasions. I sure hope they don't have Denuvo as aggressive as they did on Windows.

Comment

Working...
                    X