AMD Sends Out HDCP Support, New GPU Support In AMDKFD For Linux 5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Sends Out HDCP Support, New GPU Support In AMDKFD For Linux 5.5

Phoronix: AMD Sends Out HDCP Support, New GPU Support In AMDKFD For Linux 5.5

In addition to Intel this week sending out their first big batch of graphics driver changes for the Linux 5.5 kernel cycle kicking off at year's end, today AMD developers sent in their first batch of AMDGPU/AMDKFD kernel driver changes targeting this next version of the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I may have missed this, but is there GPU reset for Navi? Is it hidden behind amdgpu.gpu_recovery=1 or on by default? My 5700XT still locks the system and requires a hard reboot from time to time.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to AMDs Fusion HUB sensor? They said it end of summer but it's winter now and I haven't heard anything about it

Comment

Originally posted by nenova View Post
        Does anyone know what happened to AMDs Fusion HUB sensor? They said it end of summer but it's winter now and I haven't heard anything about it
        See https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199715#c12
        The patch is under clean up and review.

Comment

Meanwhile, Navi is still plagued by random hangs for example when using Firefox or Chrome.

Also, sensors continue locking up, due to concurrent access.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            Meanwhile, Navi is still plagued by random hangs for example when using Firefox or Chrome.
            It isn’t just a Navi problem. Raven Ridge seems to have the same issue with Firefox.
            Hopefully some of this gets resolved. I’m in need of more computing hardware and hope that AMD will be in my future. It is a bit of a shame but AMDs recent success should lead to more software developers. It is a shame because Raven Ridge (in my case) performs really well under Linux.

Comment

The never ending saga of amdkfd and it's ``partial'' status never maturing as the team keeps working on the next basic support for the next to be released cards into the wild, continues as always.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                Not different to the situation with Polaris, from my past and current experience. I suspect that the power management is still fundamentally flawed - and it only takes me minutes to reproduce crashes like https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102322 which were originally reported as issues causing random crashes while web browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                  The never ending saga of amdkfd and it's ``partial'' status never maturing as the team keeps working on the next basic support for the next to be released cards into the wild, continues as always.
                  Yeah I think the current amdgpu developers are simply spread too thin, it will require AMD actually hiring more developers for things to improve.

Comment

Is this hdcp support for ravenridge and renoir likely to improve the streaming hdr problem?

i.e. No netflix hdr on linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X