No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.17 Beta Rolls Out With Wayland Improvements, Overhauled Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.17 Beta Rolls Out With Wayland Improvements, Overhauled Settings

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.17 Beta Rolls Out With Wayland Improvements, Overhauled Settings

The beta release is out today for KDE Plasma 5.17...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

5.17 looks like it's shaping up nicely.

Also, f**k cancer.

Comment

What's the story with Debian unstable / testing? Plasma is getting very outdated there.

Comment

I case you remember me mentioning some weird slowdowns of Plasma/KDE I was having: Looks like it was related to Thunar's dbus-1 services (/usr/share/dbus-1/services/).
        Since I deleted them, Dolphin always starts quickly, no more random file browsing slowness etc.

Comment

Well, I'm satisfied! The stable release should arrive on October 15, after a week it will presumably be on my fantastic Tumbleweed. Usually Plasma passes openSUSE openQA tests quickly.

Comment

I've happily passed to Trinity (former Kde3) just a few days ago. I don't need plasma, blood, gtk3-4-5-6-... and whatever you want.
            It has all what I want without selling my blood. Sometimes they return!
            (For those curious it has also networkmanager and pulseadio support).

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
              I've happily passed to Trinity (former Kde3) just a few days ago. I don't need plasma, blood, gtk3-4-5-6-... and whatever you want.
              It has all what I want without selling my blood. Sometimes they return!
              (For those curious it has also networkmanager and pulseadio support).
              I guess you don't need actual security updates, stability, or anything else either then.

2011 seems to have finally been the year of the Linux Desktop. But not in the way people always anticipated it by Linux Desktops finally dominating the desktop market (something which will probably…

Comment

When will Wayland run on Plasma with Nvidia? They said they were working on it and was kinda done, no news?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                  What's the story with Debian unstable / testing? Plasma is getting very outdated there.
                  Doesn't that happen every time a new version of Debian is released - testing is frozen and things get backed up for awhile? I'm assuming we are just in that phase with the Buster roll out right now.

Comment

Anyone who misses the look and feel of KDE 3.5, do yourself a favor and try out the Trinity Desktop Environment. I'm really enjoying my time with it recently. It's missing some of the modern aspects of window management, like dragging windows to the left or right screen border to fill half the screen. But for my eyes it's a better looking DE than what is generally available.

Comment

Working...
                    X