Audio Component Support Being Worked On For The Radeon & Nouveau Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Component Support Being Worked On For The Radeon & Nouveau Drivers

Phoronix: Audio Component Support Being Worked On For The Radeon & Nouveau Drivers

Linux sound maintainer Takashi Iwai of SUSE has posted a set of patches implementing HD audio component notifier support for the Radeon and Nouveau DRM kernel drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

bridgman speaking of AMDGPU, is it supporting all GCN cards already? Is it already the default kernel thing for the GCN cards?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      bridgman speaking of AMDGPU, is it supporting all GCN cards already? Is it already the default kernel thing for the GCN cards?
      I'm not sure why you would ask that here, but Michael sums it up well here: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-linux50&num=1
      I know that's a few months old, but nothing's changed since then. The 5.3.x kernel documentation still states that for GCN 1.0/1.1:
      "The default is using radeon driver when it available, otherwise using amdgpu driver."

Comment

I'm sure I can speak for a few people here that this is one of those "I didn't know I wanted this" patches.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I'm not sure why you would ask that here, but Michael sums it up well here: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-linux50&num=1
          I know that's a few months old, but nothing's changed since then. The 5.3.x kernel documentation still states that for GCN 1.0/1.1:
          "The default is using radeon driver when it available, otherwise using amdgpu driver."
          Furthermore AMD has been very blunt in saying that it will never change. It's up to someone like Red Hat or Ubuntu to change the default if they want to - and i don't think there's any sign that will happen. So expect the status quo to continue until the hardware becomes obsolete.

Comment

Working...
          X