Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Brings Company of Heroes 2 Commander Update To Linux

Phoronix: Feral Brings Company of Heroes 2 Commander Update To Linux

Feral Interactive has just announced they've brought the Commander Update DLC for Company of Heroes 2 over to Linux (and macOS) as well...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

CoH2 doesn't work for me in Linux, the sound cuts out.

Comment

Love Feral Interactive; they ported Shadow of Mordor and Mad Max to Linux and did a great job -- both of those games run great, have Feral's convenient, tell-tale options launcher, and are among the very few AAA games native to Linux.

Comment

Still waiting for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
          CoH2 doesn't work for me in Linux, the sound cuts out.
          Works for me but the game is horribly slow, even at low detail levels. I still haven't bothered playing it, though, I haven't tried in over a year.

Comment

Cross play?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Works for me but the game is horribly slow, even at low detail levels. I still haven't bothered playing it, though, I haven't tried in over a year.
              Would be helpful to know GPU. I found the game worked perfectly on Arch Linux with Nvidia binary blob.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
                Cross play?
                Works on CoH1 on proton !

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
                  Would be helpful to know GPU. I found the game worked perfectly on Arch Linux with Nvidia binary blob.
                  Doesn't surprise me - that game was ported back when Nvidia was the only brand anyone was paying attention to on Linux. I have an R9 290.

Comment

AFAIK at the beginning it was compatible with Nvidia only but later they announced they supported AMD cards too. Maybe they do not support GPUs older than polaris ?

I was able to run it very slowly on a Intel HD2000 from a laptop.
                    Last edited by Dedale; 22 July 2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X