Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Beta Update Now Allows Per-Game Enabling Of Steam Play, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is why for the foreseeable future my money is with Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      This also allows for forcing Linux-native games to be run under Steam Play instead, should you so desire for comparison purposes or avoiding a buggy Linux native game.
      Finally!

I hate GarrysMod which loads an insane amount of weird dynamic libraries on Linux which makes VIRT usage go past 4gb on larger servers which results in a crash since the game is 32-bit.

Comment

"... is the ability to force-enable Steam Play on a per-game basis via the title's properties pane"

Yeah
        Just tried it out, works like really well!
        I bought Painkiller Hell and Damnation a long time ago when it was on sale, but I could never play it because the Linux version was completely broken (heavy visual artifacts).

Comment

MXGP3 is a good example of a bad Linux port.

Comment

Originally posted by woife View Post
            "... is the ability to force-enable Steam Play on a per-game basis via the title's properties pane"

Yeah
            Just tried it out, works like really well!
            I bought Painkiller Hell and Damnation a long time ago when it was on sale, but I could never play it because the Linux version was completely broken (heavy visual artifacts).
            The port wouldn't even launch for me at all, so I guess you're lucky. In any case, you're not missing out, that game is a disaster, a huge step down from the original game.

Comment

Working...
            X