Rust 1.32 Released With New Debugger Macro, Jemalloc Disabled By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust 1.32 Released With New Debugger Macro, Jemalloc Disabled By Default

Phoronix: Rust 1.32 Released With New Debugger Macro, Jemalloc Disabled By Default

For fans of Rustlang, it's time to fire up rustup: Rust 1.32 is out today as the latest feature update for this increasingly popular programming language...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully the removal of jemalloc results in the Hello World application being smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Hopefully the removal of jemalloc results in the Hello World application being smaller.
      I wonder how ralloc project is doing.

Comment

Rust is starting get a lot of deprecated stuff in it. This is all stuff that's not included unless your code uses it, right?

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
          Rust is starting get a lot of deprecated stuff in it. This is all stuff that's not included unless your code uses it, right?
          That is Rust's modus operandi anyway... so yeah you only pay for what you use.

Comment

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
            1. They moved jemalloc to a crate. Instead of using it by default (and including it everywhere), now you have to choose to use it.
            2. This is an incubating language. If it didn't deprecate (and eventually remove) what's not working, it'd end up like Java that carries AWT, Swing, Vector and whatnot into 2019.

Comment

Languages comes and goes.... C remains.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
                Rust, AKA the programming language for programmers who believe in silver bullets.
                Who believe in trade-offs, I'm doing a Rust crate and I'm disappointed by some of its core functionality (no trait upcasting, shitty solutions to parent-child relationship), but it has a lot of really cool stuff too.

Comment

Rust, AKA the programming language for programmers who believe in silver bullets.
                  There's no silver bullet in Rust. There's just memory safety in exchange of having to deal with ownership.
                  Seeing how C/C++ programs fail to protect memory at the drop of a hat, I'd say trying to look at things for a fresh perspective would have been in order.

Comment

What cool stuff? Convince me to start writing code in Rust.
                    Haha nice try. You can bring a horse to water but you can't get it to drink. Rust isn't the problem, you are and I hope you'll stay away from it.

Comment

Working...
                    X