No announcement yet.

GNOME Developers Are Testing A Revised GTK3 Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt look to bad IMO. Majority Linux Devs Use MacOS as there main Desktop anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      Majority Linux Devs Use MacOS as there main Desktop anyway
      Source?

Comment

I can not express my hatred for CSD. Hey let's make something like macOS with idea of saving horizontal space for lower resolutions, lets create top bar that has only clock and few indicators in it. Altho our top bar has a lot of room lets cram everything in hamburger menu that if you dont want to overflow screen vertically you have to remove or hide features from your app.

Comment

When will poo brown icons go away?

Comment

I use Arc theme which is very nice.

It's too bad GTK doesn't have built in CSS class names such as .red-100, .red-200, .red-300, orange-100, etc.
            Like 7 or so shades of each color.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
              When will poo brown icons go away?
              They did for a moment, but they changed them back to brown.

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/01/...n-folder-icons

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                Because theming is the most important thing in the world...
                This is why Gnome seems to be more polished than KDE. They give enough attention to the tiny details that make the product look polished. As a KDE user I wish if KDE does the same.

Comment

That new dark theme....ugh....it's like they just gave it a slight red tint.

And those header buttons look flat, plain, and ugly. I greatly prefer the 3d look of the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorg View Post
                    Source?
                    go an ask the Devs on the IRC channels

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

This is why Gnome seems to be more polished than KDE. They give enough attention to the tiny details that make the product look polished. As a KDE user I wish if KDE does the same.
                      Some of that is the fault of the distribution. OpenSUSE (and SUSE and Tumbleweed), for example, has a horrible KDE setup due to the SUSE themes being partially done and using Breeze as a fallback so half the system is using SUSE Green and the rest is using Breeze Blue. Going through the KDE System Settings and manually setting everything to Breeze (including GTK programs) really helps a lot. Kvantum also helps a lot too.

EDIT:
                      Please don't take that as me being critical of SUSE. SUSE and variants, Arch and variants, & some BSD variants are all I've ran in the past year on a continual basis and it was pretty much just Antergos for years before that.

SUSE stood out the worst in regards to KDE/Plasma due to the default theme; sucks because it's a very powerful setup with some awesome management tools (though it's easy to break or make unstable if you need a whole lot of user repos...I have the same complaint with Ubuntu and PPAs). I've experienced similar KDE theme issues with Mint and Manjaro before, but I just didn't want to comment on something I haven't used in over four years.

Breeze and Breeze-GTK, regardless of the distribution, usually looks nice and unified.

There's not a whole lot the KDE devs can do about a lot of the cross UI theme issues outside of forking GTK3 and doing something like GTK3-Mushrooms.
                      Last edited by skeevy420; 14 January 2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X