Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Installer Buster Alpha 4 Released

Phoronix: Debian Installer Buster Alpha 4 Released

The Debian installer team has presented their fourth alpha release of the Debian Installer preparing for the 10.0 "Buster" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In the same time testing get hundreds of upgrades... finally glibc 2.28 pushed on testing.

Less than 1 month left for transitions, so it would be interesting - best to do it during snowy season anyway

Comment

Very happy because of this. Debian et all have really stormed Microsoft hands down, no question. The only thing lacking behind is proprietary software being compatible with Linux.

In a way nothing has changed since Debian 2 Potato. It was already way better than Microsoft 98 SE. After SE MS had to really focus on their consumer desktop software, and so XP, after some service packs, was not totally laughable joke. W7 was a competitor for Linux, but now with W10 or whatever it is, with all advertisements and privacy issues, Linux is again hands down top OS.
      Last edited by moilami; 16 December 2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

With the next release, I will get rid of the systemd (and others things). I hope it will be possible during the installation process.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

According to no systemd wiki, if you want to use a graphical desktop you need patched software. I tested disabling systemd with Virtualbox and no go. That stopped my dream to disable systemd. The world would be better without redhat and windows users would start to use Linux distributions with better desktops and stability.
          Bad new

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

According to no systemd wiki, if you want to use a graphical desktop you need patched software. I tested disabling systemd with Virtualbox and no go. That stopped my dream to disable systemd. The world would be better without redhat and windows users would start to use Linux distributions with better desktops and stability.
            I will try the netinst version.

Comment

Working...
            X