Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Phoronix: DaVinci Resolve 15.2 Video Editor Released With More Improvements For Its Linux Build

Back in August marked the release of DaVinci Resolve 15 with Linux support for this professional-grade video editing solution that also supports visual effects and audio post-production capabilities. That has now been succeeded by DaVinci Resolve 15.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does it work on AMD gpu's is the real question , Tried DR several times now to no avail.

Comment

Will they ever make FOSS drivers for their acquisition cards? Their proprietary blob only supports ancient kernels, it's completely unusable.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
        Does it work on AMD gpu's is the real question , Tried DR several times now to no avail.
        I have a pretty old card at this point ( HD 5770) so I'm not too surpised it doesn't work with mine. (It crashes after the initial splash screen). When I was looking at the app boot logs, it appears to require OpenCL 1.2 or it was automatically rejecting Clover drivers (mesa opencl). I am also interested to hear if anyone has had success on AMD with Mesa or ROCm.

Comment

It's no surprise that it rejectes Clover. I would be surprised of the opposite.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X