Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Linux Code of Conduct Revisions: CoC Committee Added Plus Interpretation & Mediator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go round the prickly pear
    Prickly pear prickly pear
    Here we go round the prickly pear
    At five o'clock in the morning.

Between the idea
    And the reality
    Between the motion
    And the act
    Falls the Shadow
    For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow
    Life is very long

Between the desire
    And the spasm
    Between the potency
    And the existence
    Between the essence
    And the descent
    Falls the Shadow
    For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
    Life is
    For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

You can click on the little arrows on my quote, it'll get you there
      thanks, I didnt know about that arrow. I just wanted to give that comment a like. done

Comment

Originally posted by euler271 View Post

thanks, I didnt know about that arrow. I just wanted to give that comment a like. done
        Sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
          Its ok to assign a label and then attack someone based upon that non-valid label ONLY if you are from the left...
          It's never ok (left, right, center, up or down), I never said it was either. And in any case you shouldn't use it as justification for engaging in the same behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post

It's never ok (left, right, center, up or down), I never said it was either. And in any case you shouldn't use it as justification for engaging in the same behavior.
            You are missing my point... It is never ok. If an individual is resorting to this type of non-sequitur they have no other argument to counter what they are being faced with "you are a nazi and because we all know nazi are bad, you are bad".
            When I stated "its ok to assign a label..." it is satire and as you can see from a quick 30seconds pool of information associated with those pushing this CodeOfConduct, they harbour some views that they don't mind expressing, views that are actually in violation of the actual CodeOfConduct being advocated

Except what is being pushed isn't a CodeOfConduct, its an inclusion mandate which is different as it essentially gives those who are deemed "worthy of inclusion" a special status (I say worthy as there is enough evidence that request to include other denominations are rejected )

The actual disgusting individual pushing this is a racist and a sexist ( https://github.com/ContributorCovena...ant/issues/602 ) YET they are not being held to the same level of criticism to be removed AND YET an attempt was made to do this to a kernel developer who disagreed with the phrasing of hte CodeOFConduct.

Linus and hte kernel dev's got boxed in... they permitted a toxic environment, an all inclusive but toxic environment (doesn't matter who submits a patch, if it is crap it will be ripped into) and because they had nothing to commit there and then, coupled with some more than likely real world pressure with some nice labels like "sexist" thrown around,. they were put into a corner to just accept this pile of Tripe.
            Since then there has been threats to take the code away and equally multiple attempts to patch aspects of it (because it is tripe) so much so that some patches, patches that were more inclusive, were rejected by upstream.

This speaks volumes. That it is being rewritten this quickly and stripping out some annoying bits while those who manage the Covenant are racist, sexists non-inclusive individuals

Comment

Naib in that case I think you missed the point of my original post.

Comment

It's a shame to waste so much effort on something so divisive. We are much better off with simply "don't be a dick".

Comment

Now that a backlash arises from a community that is capable of critical thinking, the SJW-side tries to sugar coat the new revision in dull and meaningless merry-go-round ways.

Code:
                  Enforcement of the code of conduct will only be a last resort option.
                  Who defines that? By what definition is that "last resort" based upon?
                  Its still subjective which means "someone" can just enforce everything by just simply saying its the last resort option, as no way of handling all the things before that "last resort" have been defined. This sentence makes the whole CoC vulnerable.

Next logical point: Code quality is independent from the one who committed the code. If my cat stumbles upon my keyboard and by some sort of magic that code is good enough to be accepted, then it should be accepted. It doesn't matter who writes the code. The only thing that counts is the code itself and a proper... "quality control" of it.

The only difference to a scientific paper review is, that the author is known to the reviewer. And this is where the SJWs step in. They say that this may cause a bias and as they claim to have the moral-high-ground, they also claim to have the solution by declaring everyone racists or whatever term is hot on the street right now - so by paraphrasing protected groups their (unscientific and logic-free) world-view shall be a salvation for all contributors.

Either same rights for everyone or forget it completely. No special privileges for minorities because they are minorities. This has nothing to do with code quality and will never have. And while education might help to write proper code, its not the responsibility of code-reviewers to teach. They can help if they want, but thats entirely to them.

Code:
                  The Code of Conduct Committee reviews the cases according to the processes (see above) and consults with the TAB as needed and appropriate, for instance to request and receive information about the kernel community.
                  Meaning: The ability to doxx. Good job! What if I just post code under an alias and thats all I'm willing to expose of myself? Do I have to fill out a form about what and who I am so this commitee can review my "special status"? Like if I'm a transgener, black, 5 legged, one-armed spider-human hybrid jew that is sensitive to sunlight and is sexually interested in ingrain wallpaper? Will this give me a special status so my terrible code quality will still be pushed through because I'm "x"? And if I get objective critique, can I then under the the CoC declare any code-reviewer as anti-human-spider-hybrid and get them hanged by the will of the great SJW?

Throw that BS out - the whole damn thing is useless unless some logic is pumped into it.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
                    Damn SJW idiots.
                    Damn paranoid troll idiots who call everyone a SJW when they feel like their "freedom" to be toxic assholes is endangered.
                    Last edited by Guest; 21 October 2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post

As soon as you said "left", right there that's when you lost credit.In fact in some places of this world, what -you- would call left -they- would call right. Do you really want to know the truth? Even in the US where they have the most "right" leaning party in the world called republicans, the replublican party was actually founded as a secular left wing party. The republicans have been secular from dy one and still are. The real truth is that in todays world -NO- political party is actually "right wing". ALL of them are secular.

EDIT: We don't need anymore fucking inquisitions, it's way past due to let that right wing left wing shit go permanently and finally accept that we all exactly equal human beings.
                      Last edited by duby229; 21 October 2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X