No announcement yet.

Fedora 29 Is Blocked From Release Due To 11 Open Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> the Google Chrome repository silently getting disabled when upgrading from F28 to F29

you call it a bug, i call it a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
      And how do you know he's not using ARM?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Xfce4 has not changed, it is fedora that is for gnome3 and they do not care other desktops. Use Debian testing Xfce. https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
        In the Debian installer you can choose whatever desktops.
        You forgot to add your massive amount of customizations to your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And how do you know he's not using ARM?
          I didn't make any claims on what he is using. I was just pointing him out to the release criteria. Having said, the number of people using Xfce on ARM is such a small number that it wouldn't be unreasonable assumption to make.

Comment

Quite frankly, their great quality standards haven't been holding any water lately. Like, an upgrade of a stock, totally unmodified F27 to F28 on a non-tech-savvy friend's laptop broke SELinux to the point of unbootability (!) and broke locales to the point of good ol' screenful of empty squares (!!).

Ended up migrating them to goddamn Manjaro. Manjaro! Never heard them complain since.
            Last edited by intelfx; 20 October 2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I didn't make any claims on what he is using. I was just pointing him out to the release criteria. Having said, the number of people using Xfce on ARM is such a small number that it wouldn't be unreasonable assumption to make.
              ... but this is a tech forum and Fedora on ARM is something tech people would use, so it would be an unreasonable assumption to think that he can't be using that.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                Does Ubuntu's Yaru theme and Suru icons integrate glitch free with Fedora 29?
                Works fine for me. I wrote a script that installs the newest versions of a lot of themes just for your user, makes it easy and harmless to test.

Comment

It would still be useful to file bug reports and work with the Xfce team to get fixes out as updates
                  The Xfce team might lack the manpower to do anything. I used to like it, but the slow progress with the gtk3 version seemed like a dealbreaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

... but this is a tech forum and Fedora on ARM is something tech people would use, so it would be an unreasonable assumption to think that he can't be using that.
                    Noone said he can't be using it however.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
                      I have never seen Xfce4 in such a bad shape within Fedora and I've been using Xfce4 for years.
                      Thanks for the heads up. I run xfce4 on FC28, and won't be doing a dist-upgrade until those issues are resolved (I don't hate gnome; its 'gee-whiz' cuteness just gets in my way).

Comment

Working...
                      X