No announcement yet.

Purism Shares The Latest Librem 5 Smartphone Progress - Dev Kits Going Out Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purism Shares The Latest Librem 5 Smartphone Progress - Dev Kits Going Out Soon

Phoronix: Purism Shares The Latest Librem 5 Smartphone Progress - Dev Kits Going Out Soon

Purism has shared the latest details on their efforts to deliver the open-source Linux Librem 5 smartphone to market in 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I applaud the Purism devs for their steady progress on this. I'd much rather wait a while longer for a phone done right than get a partially complete phone on-time. As long as they keep going like this, I believe they will succeed where others have failed.

Comment

My phone is on its last legs ... hoping this can be my next one ...

Comment

Somebody please change that keyboard and top bar font...

Comment

Perfect work !! I wish them risc-v phone in the future !

Comment

Originally posted by lilos View Post
            Perfect work !! I wish them risc-v phone in the future !
            Just as soon as they release a riskv CPU that is actually comparable to most Arm cores

Comment

Kudos to them for still not having given up on doing touch with a suboptimal toolkit. I guess sometimes the harder road can be more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bofh80
                Indeed. Besides the far past, i also hooked into a firefox os LTE open thing. /facepalm
                You joke but 'Boot To Gecko' (Firefox OS, now KaiOS) is fast becoming the 2nd largest mobile OS in the 3rd world having overtaken iOS.

Comment

I bet the reason why FirefoxOS wasn't a good choice is because the Firefox patents

Comment

Firefox OS was awesome. It's a shame Mozilla stopped it when it was finally becoming usable.

Comment

Working...
                    X