macOS Mojave Released With Dark Mode, Redesigned App Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
    Always felt that the Finder since macOS 10.5 has been trying to do way too many things at once with way too much bling.

As far as graphical file managers are concerned, I still consider Windows' Explorer to be the best, hands down. Why is it that no file manager on macOS and Linux have the ability to view a directory tree on the left panel like how Explorer does it? Finder can't do it, Nautilus can't do it and Dolphin definitely can't do it.
    You mean like this? I honestly can't imagine what else you could have meant.

And now i would like to take a moment to bitch about how Explorer.exe has (1) no tabs, and (2) process interdependence with file_operations. Two of the most terrible design decisions ever, and to top it all off it now has advertisements in it for Microsoft Cloud.

Dunno about you, but that's a tough pill to swallow and call the whole thing "useful".
    Last edited by ElectricPrism; 24 September 2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo in the article name:
      http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=macOS-Mojava-Released

The desert as default background will make so much sense in a couple of years, since almost everyone is likely to leave the Apple userbase soon, thanks to their massive vendor lock-ins and the like...
      It is like that since the beginning, and it won't change

Bye bye linux, even with Valve's Proton, macOS shows better numbers

Why you so mad ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
        A little bit because gnome-shell's design (including cantarell fonts) was a bit inspired by OSX's interface but not entirely. Also macOS has the global menu toolbar. I'm not trying to offend Linux desktop so don't get too sensitive here. I only stated that I find macOS desktop to be very beautiful.
        I'm not offended by other people's esthetic preferences. It's your stuff after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post

It is like that since the beginning, and it won't change

Bye bye linux, even with Valve's Proton, macOS shows better numbers
          I don't disagree with your point, but please don't use Steam Survey as anything. It's so inaccurate that it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by mo0n_sniper View Post
            Cool, I wish the dark mode would be implemented on linux also

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post

As someone who just converted to MacOS after being on Linux since 1998, I can tell you that it is most certainly *not* easy to use.
              Why'd you convert then? I couldn't even fathom it. If I really needed to use mac-only software, I'd run it in a VM within linux.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomblab View Post

He/she (but probably he) must be joking because every DE on linux has supported dark themes since eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  From time to time I try to use dark themes, but always turn back because they forgot to tell the Web about it. Phoronix website, like 99.9% of other sites, is mostly white. When you spend a couple minutes using a dark theme on your GUI and you open a browser, websites with white backgrounds will slap your eyes and make you regret really fast.
                  There are userstyles for that.

Comment

Originally posted by mo0n_sniper View Post
                    Cool, I wish the dark mode would be implemented on linux also
                    GNOME, Budgie, Plasma, Deepin... they all have a Dark Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
                      It looks gorgeous.
                      I have to agree. I don't like macOS's light theme, but Dark Mode actually looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                      X