Greg Kroah-Hartman Releases Linux 4.19-RC5 Following An "Interesting" Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Congratulations. You must be more willing to waste time than I am.
    My vision is augmented.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
      The immediate attacks on Teo does raise some interesting questions. Think about it, the Linux kernel adopts a CoC and there's immediately demands based on something from 2011. Could it be that someone has been digging into people's pasts for quite some time and had lot of silly little things ready prior to the CoC being adopted?
      You guys REALLY are not familiar with SJW tactics, are you?

I managed to find this gem: http://www.the-niceguy.com/contribut...ivalGuide.html

For ignorants I know it might sound cheesy or exaggerated or "overboard", but is in fact the fucking fact and reality.

Comment

I am in agreement with that people should not use profanity or make racist remark. The concerns however relate to how the power the CoC gives a few people will be abused for other purposes, and if we should have censorship, that is, it used to be the case that something being rude or improper doesnt mean it should be illegal. Four letter words are rude but the first amendment doesnt make an exception for them. I know the first amendment is about statutes but the fact is its been thought to important that it be reflected in the general culture.

As for abuse of CoC, Maybe someone does not like your code, so they make up a false CoC claim. Power corrupts and when you create something like this that gives people power, you are going to end up creating something which is as abusive as whatever you claim to be against. Recently a conservative woman was accused of being racist because she crossed her arms during hearing. Now crossing your arms is a "racist symbol". Another politician used the phrase "we don't want to m****y this up", so now m****y this up is racist dog whistle, despite it being used over and over again by Obama himself and other democrats. Its all pure nonsense. They are just making stuff up to try to make up false accusations against people. If someone says "we dont want to m****y up this code", this will end up racist remark. Anything can be seen as being racist these days. People have been saying even santa claus, and the white sox are racist, Thomas Jefferson, the US Constitution, John Locke, Aristotle, Socrates are racist.

Comment

People are too sensitive these days. Everybody has to be included and everybody needs a medal even if they lost. "You're the last winner" is stupid. You're the worst is much more precise. I don't know what happened to Linus but regardless if someone whacked him/herself or not or if it was a more family related issue it shows that Linus clearly is a good person to be willing to do something about it. I think it's sad that it had to come to this because I prefer a more direct and to the point way of talking even if it includes words that some people just don't handle. The problem is not the words but how people (choose to) misinterpret them. I find that sweet talkers are usually more toxic than the direct ones. I wonder how long it takes before when indirect meanings gets abusive and "needs" to be dealt with.... We are heading there at an alarming speed...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

I really hope Linus doesn't come back with a leash on.

Comment

Originally posted by patstew View Post
              With the libav fork there was a serious schism between the main developers. In this case it seems to be a lot of hysteria from random internet commenters, but not so much from the actual devs. I'd bet that any fork will wither pretty quickly.
              ** FORK

Well there is one permanent fork that goes nowhere linux-libre. I kind of like the idea that free software people would eventually start sending patches under gpl v3 lisense to that kernel, they could then not be merged to official kernel because linus only accepts gpl v2 code.

But there are 2 things that makes that if it ever happens a very long term journey, you have to replace or add complete systems I doubt that you can enforce different lisences on a line by line basis. Would also be pretty ugly to manage. So you need to add complete drivers and subsystems or replace them with 100% gpl v3 code.

Also this three is not usable for this dispute, because I would assume that free software people would be generally speaking more in favor of such CoC and visa versa. So the 30% that don't like the CoC would probably more in the gpl v2 opensource camp so linux-libre is not a good place to go for them.

** DAUGHTER AGAINST LINUS

just read first time about this, I also thought ok that must suck, but in reality I don't really have pity with Linus he thought and decided actively to raise his children in this toxic environment called USA. On the one sight people that are ok to launch many illegal attack wars and regime chances with millions of dead innocents complete mass surveillance like there is no tomorrow, and on the other site neo-liberal SJWs that care about identity Politics and radical feminism and other stuff. Only Fake news on the tv 24/7. And a police with horrible bad training and often even corrupt.

And you think that your children that know no other culture so they have no chance to filter out all the bullshit resist that culture. He is even as far as I know some sort of Workaholic so he also can't make a to big difference on that children, so he set himself and his children up with that.

I will say never never but if not america chances very drastically like never before the last few hundred of years step into a plain with that country as goal. Even if there would be a well payed job or something. Europe and germany also has big problems, but compared to america we are more ethical and at the same time less divided extreme. We know nuance not only 2 extremes, and we don't are divided into 2 camps were you either have to believe all the garbage from party 1 or party 2.

We have better food standards, (and healthy food is cheaper), and we don't have a police state and no prison state. No thanks our parents dreamed about america our generation is just disgusted by it.

Comment

I would ban political discussions on Phoronix - as this could be an interesting technical discussion. Now its just again how retarded liberals are and whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                  I would ban political discussions on Phoronix - as this could be an interesting technical discussion. Now its just again how retarded liberals are and whatever.
                  I don't think phoronix is the best place for technical discussion. It's like the Facebook of technical discussion if anything.

Comment

I like how you're precisely doing politics while complaining about them.

Comment

I used to be a Liberal, until I took a (metaphorical. Alas, a literal one would've been less stressful) baseball bat to the head by a female Liberal I used to call my best friend and who just ended up using and abusing me (as well as initiating an eight month long witch hunt against me that would put the one against Kavanaugh to shame).

Something is wrong with Liberals in the age of Trump. Many of them are nothing short of monstrous.

Comment

Working...
                      X