Ethereum Crypto Mining Performance Benchmarks On The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

The atom bomb has uses beyond blowing people up too, but you don't see people setting them off daily do you? Blockchain has uses, doesn't mean we need to burn a hole in the sun to realize them do we?
    You're confusing the blockchain data structure with the economics and reward systems used in many cryptocurrencies. Proof-Of-Work is just one strategy (a very primitive one) for rewarding node operators. There's also Proof-Of-Stake that doesn't require burning energy for hash solving.

Comment

Originally posted by kravon View Post
      I mine and trade crypto currency and I have made a TON of money doing it. Enough to pay for a new 2018 Porsche 911 in cash and now I am working on paying off my house. I also work a full time job and I also have my own eBay store and run a side business as an IT consultant. I also pay taxes on the Crypto since I do most all my trades on Coinbase. Also, I have never had any Crypto stolen as you can take safe guards against that. I am not sure where you got your impression of people that mine and trade crypto but I know quite a few that do it and they all work full time jobs as well.
      Why did you buy a sports car before paying of the debt on your house?
      I'm genuinely curious

Comment

Originally posted by LukePoga View Post
        why is 2080ti slower than titan v at mining? titan is 68 stock. this is 50. i think the miners are not tuned for turing.
        NVIDIA gaming cards are traditionally hobbled in computing workloads due to NVIDIA themselves segmenting the market.

Gamers don't need computing features anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
          Asking the right questions.

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

I'm genuinely curious
            Happens when you make up your story while typing.

Comment

Thanks but PLEASE add in this case actual ROI - Return Of Investment - measured in DAYS to recover the price of the card, or even better the computer or the device at actual prices and quotes and your place price of energy. Actually is about 10% / month what I read is the minimal ROI to invest and better if it is more.

Comment

Originally posted by YamashitaRen View Post
                1080 Ti with the pill (https://github.com/OhGodACompany/OhG...HlargementPill) does around 50 Mh/s. So it seems like 2080 Ti is actually terrible at mining.
                Things may improve if there is a way to improve miners software for GDDR6 though...
                Michael - please check the speeds again with the Etherum pill that the above member mentioned - I'm also a miner with most GPUs 1080ti, and all of them mine around 52mh. It's possible that the new card is limited the same ways as 1080ti by it;s RAM timings and this is not it's full potetial.

Comment

Michael
                  As far as Radeon testing with Ethminer, the new ROCm 1.9 release was failing to run with the OpenCL support in Ethminer. ROCm 1.9 with its OpenCL support seems a bit buggy as was also seen out of the Friday OpenCL/compute benchmarks of various GPUs.
                  Thanks very much for these tests. I've actually been very curious about ethminer performance on these cards.

Ethminer 0.15 has been running fine for me on the R9 Fury using both ROCm 1.9 and AMDGPU-PRO Legacy driver on Debian Sid. The recent ethminer 0.16 does not run well though, with performance completely crippled.

ROCm: 28.5MH/s
                  Legacy: 29.5MH/s
                  Power draw is about 190W per card on full speed although I like to run with a lowered power limiter at 80-150W to increase efficiency.

So the Fury would be just behind the 1080ti in your charts.

I had two of them Fury's but I recently sold one of them due to the low value of ethereum making it non profitable at this point in time.

51MH/s is impressive from an Nvidia card, but it is way to expensive to consider for mining and the Vega isn't far behind in performance which makes Vega much more profitable (or should I say used to be profitable?).

Comment

There is quite large transaction costs involved at the lower end but!
                    Crypto fees don't scale with the amount transferred. Bitcoin has expensive fees because it is one of the worst coins out there. It was designed first and is very slow to change so you can't expect much out of it.

Comment

The processing power was used to find coins and processing transactions, nothing else and it just ate the world's electricity up while doing it.
                      Are you a communist or something?

People PAY for electricity and use it how they see fit. You don't tell them what to do with it. Playing video games also wastes unnecessary electricity; at the very least lower your graphics to minimum to consume less, right? Or what?

High resolutions require more processing power. Let's use 640x480 or whatever. 4k should be absolutely banned. Waste of energy.

Let's ban ALL software not written in assembler or C and optimized for energy usage. They waste unnecessary energy due to their bloat which needs more processing power and all that. Come on let's be fair, at least so that such a commie world wouldn't be so bad to get rid of garbage while at it. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X