The Reiser4 File-System Is Now Available For The Linux 4.18 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reiser4 File-System Is Now Available For The Linux 4.18 Kernel

Phoronix: The Reiser4 File-System Is Now Available For The Linux 4.18 Kernel

It took several weeks past the initial stable debut of the Linux 4.18 kernel, but the Reiser4 file-system has now been updated to work with this new kernel build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess we probably wouldn't have Reiser's filesystem in Linux if the idiotic CoC was already in use back then. Don't know much about Reiser4 but v3 served me well years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
      I guess we probably wouldn't have Reiser's filesystem in Linux if the idiotic CoC was already in use back then. Don't know much about Reiser4 but v3 served me well years ago.
      Well, the maintainer turned out not to be a very good one. He left the community without a goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
        If a CoC were to stop murderers from submitting code... truly we'd be living in a fascist state

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post

If a CoC were to stop murderers from submitting code... truly we'd be living in a fascist state
          The CoC would have stopped him because he was basically a troll.

Comment

Ad rem guys :
            What are the benefits of that fs over ext4 (with or without lvm)? Or xfs?

Comment

Back in the day, when I switched from Reiser back to ext2/3/4 (don't really remember), I was blown away by the speed of the native Linux fs, and never looked back. Since Reiser himself is long gone, why doesn't Edward rename it? Like anything there is probably a small rabid fan base.

Comment

People are still using sourceforge?

Comment

Working...
                X