Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purism Announces The "Librem Key"

Phoronix: Purism Announces The "Librem Key"

Remember back in May when Purism partnered up with May as they wanted to work on a USB-based PGP SmartCard? They have now announced the Librem Key as a result of that work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wrong word dude

Remember back in May when Purism partnered up with May

Comment

Nitrokey? Are they those guys?

Comment

From the announcement can't tell if it has U2F support.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Nitrokey? Are they those guys?

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/NitroKey
          It seems to be the same company as the links point to nitrokeys webpage.

And their nitrokey looks the same.

Comment

This is rather expensive.
            Also google is releasing a token with U2F support and like Webauthn, I think.

But I already have something I carry always on me, it my smartphone. I would rather use that, seems much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              But I already have something I carry always on me, it my smartphone. I would rather use that, seems much easier.
              i think subj is meant to be always bound to you by keychain, so you can't lose it

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                i think subj is meant to be always bound to you by keychain, so you can't lose it
                I trying to get rid of my key chain and things such as keys and key chains.
                Less is more.
                On my key chain I only got 1 key.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Android isn't anywhere near as safe as a dedicated microcontroller-based dedicated device.

This USB device is more like a portable TPM for really secure stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    It seems to be the same company as the links point to nitrokeys webpage.

And their nitrokey looks the same.
                    Yeah, it seems to be a re-branded NitroKey Pro 2 https://shop.nitrokey.com/shop/product/nitrokey-pro-2-3
                    Note the following sentences

Both hardware and software are open-source and free software. All development tools are available as open source and for free.
                    Allows to verify the integrity of certain Purism computer.

Comment

Working...
                    X