Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collabora's Mesa EGLDevice Work To Better Support Multiple GPUs

Phoronix: Collabora's Mesa EGLDevice Work To Better Support Multiple GPUs

As covered earlier this month, Emil Velikov at Collabora has been working on EGLDevice support for Mesa. These EGL extensions originally developed by NVIDIA are being pursued by Mesa developers for better dealing with the enumeration and querying of multiple GPUs on a system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be smart if one could use one gfx in only one window though... Like if I had a virtual machine running on a separate GPU and had the output in a window on the main GPU. Etc.

Or run the desktop on the onboard Intel Gpu while running a game on a dedicated gfx card.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
      It would be smart if one could use one gfx in only one window though... Like if I had a virtual machine running on a separate GPU and had the output in a window on the main GPU. Etc.

Or run the desktop on the onboard Intel Gpu while running a game on a dedicated gfx card.
      That's how multi GPU systems work right now. You have system running on some default GPU (usually an integrated GPU), and when you want to run the game on the other GPU (typically a dGPU), you run it with DRI_PRIME=1 system variable. Before you do that the other GPU is simply disabled, i.e. if you look at output of `journalctl -f` after using the DRI_PRIME, you can actually see how driver starts initializing the GPU.

Comment

Working...
      X