Crypto Updates Sent In For Linux 4.19 Kernel, Speck Is Still In The Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crypto Updates Sent In For Linux 4.19 Kernel, Speck Is Still In The Kernel

Phoronix: Crypto Updates Sent In For Linux 4.19 Kernel, Speck Is Still In The Kernel

The Linux kernel's crypto subsystem updates were sent out today with its new feature work for the Linux 4.19 kernel. One change we were curious to see was whether they were going to nuke the Speck cipher code, but they did not...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I'm glad that Speck is. I would suggest that in addition to NEON, he should be optimized under SSE2 or SSE3. I would use it today on my processor - scrap. Instead ext4 fscrypt: AES-256-CTS-CBC and AES-256-XTS.

I protect data against access by third parties. I do not protect data from the NSA. In order to protect yourself from the NSA, you would need to create your own processor instead of those created in the USA by Intel, AMD, Qualcomm...
    Last edited by latalante; 15 August 2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

oh cmon, nuke this backdoored shit already

Comment

Get it outta there

Comment

And for those long years no one demanded that the SHA-1 be removed from the kernel, which was designed by the NSA.
          And SELinux?

Comment

Originally posted by latalante View Post
            And SELinux?
            SELinux certainly has a number of people who disapprove.

Comment

When taxpayers pay for spyware then they should have it delivered. Vaporware is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by latalante View Post
                And I'm glad that Speck is. I would suggest that in addition to NEON, he should be optimized under SSE2 or SSE3. I would use it today on my processor - scrap. Instead ext4 fscrypt: AES-256-CTS-CBC and AES-256-XTS.

I protect data against access by third parties. I do not protect data from the NSA. In order to protect yourself from the NSA, you would need to create your own processor instead of those created in the USA by Intel, AMD, Qualcomm...
                Can I point out that it's not the first time that "bugs" planted by NSA have been used by third parties too?

Comment

Working...
                X