No announcement yet.

NetBSD 8.0 Ready For Release With Spectre/Meltdown Fix, Initial USB 3.0 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetBSD 8.0 Ready For Release With Spectre/Meltdown Fix, Initial USB 3.0 Support

Phoronix: NetBSD 8.0 Ready For Release With Spectre/Meltdown Fix, Initial USB 3.0 Support

The long overdue NetBSD 8.0 operating system update appears ready now to ship...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It usually is a big mistake to announce releases before official announcements. Chances are that there are last-minute blockers to fix.

But yes, a new benchmark would be interesting. I heard NetBSD has quite some optimizations.

Comment

Finished release images have been uploaded to mirrors. That means the official announcement is pending until mirrors have been synced. You sound like they are in early development stage.

Comment

I would like to see some benchmarks.

Comment

I am interested in seeing NetBSD 8.0 vs. FreeBSD vs. DragonFlyBSD vs. OpenBSD benchmarks. Please.

Comment

Working...
          X