ROCm 1.8.2 Released For The Open-Source Radeon Linux Compute Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCm 1.8.2 Released For The Open-Source Radeon Linux Compute Stack

Phoronix: ROCm 1.8.2 Released For The Open-Source Radeon Linux Compute Stack

While waiting for the big ROCm 1.9 update, another point release to the ROCm 1.8 series is available for this Radeon Open Compute stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Brilliant. I'll try to get it running on Debian Sid again once 1.9 is released. Hopefully it will be easy this time with the upstreaming of KFD. For now, I'm using the legacy driver.

Comment

Details on the ROCm 1.8.2 update are unfortunately light, but based upon user reports, it seems to be able to create a working environment on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS if paired with a newer kernel. But the official Ubuntu 18.04 LTS isn't coming until ROCm 1.9.
      It wasn't just a "newer" kernel, it was a custom kernel with latest upstream KFD backported to a stable (but still pretty new) kernel plus the upstream thunk rather than the ROCm one.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
        Brilliant. I'll try to get it running on Debian Sid again once 1.9 is released. Hopefully it will be easy this time with the upstreaming of KFD. For now, I'm using the legacy driver.
        It's been great to follow the revival of the OpenCL stack after the (somewhat untimely) death of the fglrx implementation. In hindsight, I would've shelled out the extra bit for a GCN 1.1+ card though! Tahiti and co. are so close to functioning properly on the -pro legacy driver (https://community.amd.com/thread/230105 seems to be the biggest blocker so far), so a man can dream...

Comment

Working...
        X