Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Relationships at work is not a black and white, binary thing. Is not that simple at all. I can see why big companies like Intel have policies against it:

- The company is paying you to do work, not flirting, harass or being harassed at workplace. And some will dump so huge amount of work on employees that even bathroom stops slow the productivity;

- You can find you partner for life there? Sure you can. But you also can find yourself with a ex-partner there and this can affect the productiveness of both;

- And the obvious sexual harassment problem. Mostly (but not always) immature guys that can't distinguish the "do me a favor" smile women use from the "come hit me" smile. So is much more simpler for a company say "no fornication between you", than have the productivity go down because some people can't control their impulses.
    Yeah because women never do anything bad ever, hahahahah. no. Authoritarian nonsense like this doesn't work, as we've seen with this guy.

Comment

I disagree with M@GOid on the reasons to ban relationships at work. I think they still should be banned, but for a different reason:

- If you're in the middle of a sexual relationship with someone, it's unlikely you'll be an unbiased judge of their merit for a raise or bonus. And even if you and your lover are peers today, one of you could get promoted tomorrow. Then everyone else in the department gets screwed - and not in a fun way - because the boss has a favorite.

- All of the same logic applies if you've ended a sexual relationship with someone. Except of course you're more likely to treat them poorly than give them unfair advantages.

I think there's a high risk Krzanich's ex got a few promotions out of the relationship, either because Krzanich was blind by lust or because the other person threatened to send pictures to his wife.

Comment

In my view, the only reason he left (given the official spew) is because he was 'asked' nicely for reasons wholly unrelated to this mysterious relationship drama which may or may not have happened. Perhaps it was a long line of issues and presuming there was signalling in the wording then it would have been a consensual move by all parties. My guess is that (on the public front) it's to do with Meltdown et al and the legal wrangling coming up which could make him ineffectual as CEO amongst other comedies. To think that Intel or any other firm would 'witch hunt' relationships like that all the way to the top beggars belief.

Comment

So... giving someone the shaft can also lead to you getting shafted. Good to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

Yeah because women never do anything bad ever, hahahahah. no. Authoritarian nonsense like this doesn't work, as we've seen with this guy.
            Here, let me highlight another part of the text you forgot: "Mostly (but not always) immature guys"

Also, the policies against relationships at work is not only to discourage people in doing so, it also gives the company ammunition in lawsuits and make easier to dump problematic employees when the need appear.
            Last edited by M@GOid; 21 June 2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: My lawyer told me to say nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              It's generally not a good idea even if we disregard company productivity.

Statistically most relations end badly, there is high chances of being stuck with your ex-partner on the workplace. Or worse, multiple ex-partners. Do you really want to risk that?
              Intel have 106,000 employees. I am sure there are already some people there who have bad relations with others, even though they have never dated. Also with so many employees and so many offices, he could just relocate or avoid each other.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
                FINALLY!

now intel can get back to innovate
                Intel is slowing dying. But like every company that stops innovating , it is not aware of its impending death. It does make a lot of money, but 10 years from now ARM would have penetrated their current server stronghold and client PC market. Microsoft with Windows will successfully migrate to ARM for light weight, always on laptops. It is likely that this segment will be dominated by ARM supported by Windows/Chrome OS/Android. Apple will completely transition to their in house ARM processor.

There will be a small percentage of desktop PC still running Intel architecture. Question is where does this leave GNU/Linux distributions such as GNOME and KDE which seem to be architecturally bound to Intel created technology such as Wayland. Perhaps it will still be stuck at < 2 % of a ever shrinking market share. The reality of the relentless march of technology is that even open source needs to continually innovate to be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant1234 View Post
                  Intel is slowing dying. But like every company that stops innovating , it is not aware of its impending death. It does make a lot of money, but 10 years from now ARM would have penetrated their current server stronghold and client PC market.
                  You know, you made a lot of sense until you mentioned ARM, then I had to facepalm so hard I forgot what I was about to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant1234 View Post
                    Question is where does this leave GNU/Linux distributions such as GNOME and KDE which seem to be architecturally bound to Intel created technology such as Wayland.
                    Wasn't Wayland created while Kristian was still at Red Hat ?
                    Test signature

Comment

Married [not for much longer] with two kids, long-term private affair with a subordinate [confirmed by a friend at Intel and a top tier violation of Employee Handbook] has him gone and most certainly a messy divorce with dumping all but the minimum stock required for the CEO back several months prior.

Comment

Working...
                      X