Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC-Controller 0.4.3 Released, Support Steam Controller & Sony DS4 Over Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC-Controller 0.4.3 Released, Support Steam Controller & Sony DS4 Over Bluetooth

Phoronix: SC-Controller 0.4.3 Released, Support Steam Controller & Sony DS4 Over Bluetooth

For those looking to manage your Steam Controller and other supported Linux gaming peripheral input devices outside of Steam, there is a new release of the independently-developed SC-Controller Linux user-space software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So SC-controller will switch to the kernel driver after it will be upstreamed?

Comment

I don't get it, there has already been DS4 support over Bluetooth for a long while now. What exactly did they add?

Comment

Cool, I didn't even know they'd added Bluetooth support to the Steam Controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          Cool, I didn't even know they'd added Bluetooth support to the Steam Controller.
          I just requires a firmware update through the steam client.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post

How can you update the firmware without the client?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              So SC-controller will switch to the kernel driver after it will be upstreamed?
              I'm also wondering if it would be possible to share the code between the kernel and user-space drivers? (and eventually remove the user-space one)
              I don't know if the two developers know each other.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post

Technically it's BLE (which is very different from BT). It's still pretty awesome though that it's possible!

The guy who did the Linux kernel driver is on-board with making BLE one work, but it's slower doing dev work with kernel so give him some time ;-) It does function as a simple UHID device at the moment...

Comment

This bluetooth support does that mean that i don't need the dongle that came with SC to use it?
                  How do i check firmware version on my controller?
                  Can i download and flash the latest beta manually, or do i need to run the beta client?
                  Welcome to the Steam Client Beta group. Opting in to the Steam Client Beta lets you see the latest features before they're released. You can find out how to opt in to a beta here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Betas You can see the latest Client Beta updates on this group's announcement page. Join the group to get updates delivered to your Friend Activity feed. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements Your testing and feedback is an enormous help!

Have you had a failed firmware update and now you Steam Controller is not working?! Well, don't panic, it's super easy to fix and this guide will show you how....

Comment

Working...
                  X