No announcement yet.

Mach64 & Rendition Drivers Now Work With X.Org Server 1.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel should license the Mach64 design. At least then we'd have 2D driver updates, and stable operation.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
      Intel should license the Mach64 design. At least then we'd have 2D driver updates, and stable operation.
      Ironically true....

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        I know about Ivy Bridge era servers with Matrox graphics (mostly due to the out-of-band management chosen, which was using a Matrox G200eW "GPU"), then Aspeed's out-of-band management SoCs took over and we got a decent "GPU" with decent opensource driver support again.
        I actually have quite a bit of equipment with Matrox in it. They still make chips/drivers/solutions for medical equipment. Cameras that go up your butt and such. I wish I was kidding. Matrox is still around, believe it or not.

As said in Robocop, good business is where you find it.

Comment

I still have a dual CPU pentium 3 @ 733mhz. It has 1gb of SDRAM and a Radeon 9500. It was a beefy small server for its time. I have a broken Dual CPU Pentium 2 as well in my attic, but that one is dead, although I could scavenge it for parts, I think it has a riva TNT2 and a old soundblaster.

Also is it just me or are old cheap speakers better(louder) than new cheap speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
            I still have a dual CPU pentium 3 @ 733mhz. It has 1gb of SDRAM and a Radeon 9500. It was a beefy small server for its time. I have a broken Dual CPU Pentium 2 as well in my attic, but that one is dead, although I could scavenge it for parts, I think it has a riva TNT2 and a old soundblaster.

Also is it just me or are old cheap speakers better(louder) than new cheap speakers?
            If theyre the heavy sort, yes very possibly better.
            Hi

Comment

Ta
              Originally posted by DanL View Post

You are probably referring to the ATI ES1000.
              Thats the one. Terrible thing to have in a server in this day and age. 16MB RAM I think it is?
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                I wish someone would get permission from NVIDIA and just release a new Voodoo card for running old games on. Either as a PCI-only card (so as not to compete with NVIDIA's current cards), or as a laptop chip for a portable retro PC.
                Afaik this software wrapper that emulates that card's Glide API for retrogaming works pretty well. http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide
                Did you try them?

Comment

What's the oldest PC hardware you still find yourself using?
                  An Olivetti M240 with a 8086@10MHz, 640K RAM and a Western Digital VGA card with 256K of video memory from 1988. Pretty sweet machine

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                  ... even S3 Virge with basic OpenGL support was better.
                  No model of the S3 Virge series had OpenGL support.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

If theyre the heavy sort, yes very possibly better.
                    Depends on what you consider heavy. Or did you mean size? Size wise they are about 5-10cm bigger than these:
                    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1YPQQKYT9L.jpg

Comment

Oldest actually working rig I have is Radeon 9800Pro with Phenom II 1055T on Asrock NF3 am2 motherboard with AGP!
                      it's more to do with I could rather than an actual need.....

Comment

Working...
                      X