Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    does it do sql requests in render loop?
    QML is pretty much the same thing, but my first comment was not compared to GNOME. Just bloat in DEs altogether. The rest are just offended KDE peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post

QML is pretty much the same thing, but my first comment was not compared to GNOME. Just bloat in DEs altogether. The rest are just offended KDE peoples.
      "Bloat" is usually something you can't get rid of. You've been proven that the MySQL backend is optional and can be removed without taking the rest of the DE with it.

Not all bloat in the world would be a match to GNOME's naturally wasteful Javascript'ed clusterfuck.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
        Not all bloat in the world would be a match to GNOME's naturally wasteful Javascript'ed clusterfuck.
        Like I said, QML is not that different. But yeah, I know, it's from KDE/Qt, it has to be good since it is from KDE/Qt

Comment

Are all GNOME fangirls passive-aggressive fuckwads?

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
            Are all GNOME fangirls passive-aggressive fuckwads?
            I never defended GNOME here but anyways... at least I can communicate without insults.

It's just fun to see how people defend KDE so much even if it does the same stuff just under another name... even with insults.

Comment

Originally posted by -MacNuke- View Post

I never defended GNOME here but anyways... at least I can communicate without insults.

It's just fun to see how people defend KDE so much even if it does the same stuff just under another name... even with insults.
              Insults take people out of their shells to talk like real persons, like you did now. No sly hints or juvenile, lame sarcasm that's the norm in online communications nowadays.

If by defending KDE you mean not talking out of my ass and comparing apples and oranges, then yes, I'm defending KDE. But I don't do it for free.

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post

I'm using Firefox right now with only three tabs open.. It's using ~1.1GB of RAM for its half dozen processes. I stopped using GNOME because my 4GB notebook could not handle it + Firefox for simple internet navigation. Sad but true.
                About 85% of people on steam survey have 8GB or greater

That is how you develop future, GTK-next have in mind only 16K screens and users with 64 CPU cores and 64GB of RAM as minimum or greater. Basically next-things development targets non existing userbase, but projected one. Devs just troll around all existing people for decade maybe two and again - so it is continuos bloat, that is the way to develop future They think ths way - we will finish this in about 10 years let say, so what would be projected average machine of that time - that is our target

Certainly current development don't care about 4GB machines at this time and they don't care about bloat, that is included by design

Support for slower machines, never comes from industry so companies - never . But from users, unsatisfied ones, very unsatisified ones. Remember who developed all these WMs or low memory usage apps or DEs like LXDE for example - some chinese doctor in his free time. MATE or such was born thanks to the Gnome 3 trolling around and thinking about today 10 years ago, so as reaction to that trolling.

Does industry do that, nope. Never. Does companies invest into that, nope. Maybe, if they sell low end hardware or such. They only invest into continuous prefered bloat development and projected trajectories baked by statistic driven predictions and hope, so with pure existing users ignorance in mind and selfishness And for the foremost... if they are allowed to lie, of course they will lie - marketing does that all the time
                Last edited by dungeon; 22 April 2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Good .. now we need noscript/adblock for GNOME

Comment

if they can Backport Gnome-Software-3.28 into F27 i cant see why they cant Backport the Memory Fix aswell

Comment

Originally posted by tessio View Post
                      What people where thinking when they decided to use javascript for the DE in the first place..
                      Have you heard about DisplayPostScript? Yep, that's right, a DE programmed in in PostScript, which is a printer language.
                      It was a big feature of CDE (Common Desktop Environment) on Solaris.

Comment

Working...
                      X