AMDGPU DC Fixes For Linux 4.17 Take Care Of "The Dark Screen Issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    It got fixed for me with the previous fix commit for 4.17.
    Good to know. I'll probably go straight to 4.17rc then, and skip 4.16 altogether (I'm still on 4.15).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Good to know. I'll probably go straight to 4.17rc then, and skip 4.16 altogether (I'm still on 4.15).
      The patch is cc'ed to stable so it will show up in 4.16 stable eventually.

Comment

Do you guys also experience issues with Xorg compositor performance?
        With DC, moving windows is quite stuttery compared to legacy display driver. It's gotten better after the hardware cursor issue got fixed, but it's still not as good as it should be (stutter free).
        Happens with at least Compton and KWin.

Btw.: Latest gamma fixes fixed RedShift in Firefox for me.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

The patch is cc'ed to stable so it will show up in 4.16 stable eventually.
          Ah, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            Do you guys also experience issues with Xorg compositor performance?
            With DC, moving windows is quite stuttery compared to legacy display driver. It's gotten better after the hardware cursor issue got fixed, but it's still not as good as it should be (stutter free).
            Happens with at least Compton and KWin.

Btw.: Latest gamma fixes fixed RedShift in Firefox for me.
            Using Gnome and I have the same issue. There's like a micro stutter or frame skip when moving windows around. Disabling DC mode fixes it... but then the cursor stutters. I am running 4.16.2 kernel atm.

Comment

Working...
            X