KDE Applications 18.04 Brings Dolphin Improvements, JuK Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 18.04 Brings Dolphin Improvements, JuK Wayland Support

Phoronix: KDE Applications 18.04 Brings Dolphin Improvements, JuK Wayland Support

The KDE community has announced the release today of KDE Applications 18.04 as the first major update to the open-source KDE application set for 2018...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, but I'm sitll waiting for the creation date to be shown for folders and files on Linux partitions (EXT4) and on Windows partitions (NTFS) in a dual boot setup.
    Also I don't understand why the default image viewer program doesn't zoom-in-out on mouse scroll.

Comment

Excellent news, I have not yet figured out if the Falkon browser is part of these or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        Also I don't understand why the default image viewer program doesn't zoom-in-out on mouse scroll.
        Neither does gThumb, but it does allow Ctrl+scroll for zoom.

Comment

Nice, but I'm sitll waiting for the creation date to be shown for folders and files on Linux partitions (EXT4) and on Windows partitions (NTFS) in a dual boot setup.
          Looks like the mouse wheel behavior is hard coded in pageview.cpp. It would be a pretty simple thing to change.

Comment

I'm working on creation date support! https://phabricator.kde.org/D7423

As for the scroll issue in Gwenview, that's on our radar screen: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254511. We just need to maker sure we don't regress things for touchpad users, and we're hoping to implement a pinch-zoom gesture for them.

It does currently support Ctrl+scroll for zoom, like other viewers.

Comment

Looks like the kdenlive refactoring branch release has been pushed back again to 18.08. But rather them release it finished than buggy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                Excellent news, I have not yet figured out if the Falkon browser is part of these or not.
                As far as I know it is. I've got it installed on KDE Neon not long after the 3.0 release. It's pretty good but needs something like firefox sync (which epiphany for gnome has).

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

I'm working on creation date support! https://phabricator.kde.org/D7423

As for the scroll issue in Gwenview, that's on our radar screen: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254511. We just need to maker sure we don't regress things for touchpad users, and we're hoping to implement a pinch-zoom gesture for them.

It does currently support Ctrl+scroll for zoom, like other viewers.
                  Thank you very much for working on creation date support, hopefully somebody can help you out on this!
                  Yes, the CTRL+scroll works for me, but I don't think for new users it's anywhere near as intuitive as Windows is with just scroll on their image viewer.
                  Last edited by Danny3; 27 April 2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X