Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Tomb Raider Linux Performance On AMD Radeon GPUs

Phoronix: Rise of the Tomb Raider Linux Performance On AMD Radeon GPUs

Yesterday Feral announced that the long-awaited Linux release of Rise of the Tomb Raider would be coming tomorrow and now they have honored that release. Rise of the Tomb Raider is now natively available for Linux and this port is exclusively relying upon the Vulkan graphics API for rendering. Here are our initial benchmarks of Rise of the Tomb Raider on Linux with Radeon GPUs while making use of the Mesa RADV driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks, Michael! I have a RX480 but judging by the RX580 numbers, I may get away with very high quality at 1080p, which is great. I ssh'd into my box from work to kick off the download with steamcmd so I don't have to wait when I get home.

Comment

Glad to see that my 18months old Fury (almost X) is still very relevant at 4k I hope to have my own benchmarks in about 1h -3m

Comment

Got to say that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a really good game, among the best single player experiences of this generation. I played it on Windows around 2 years ago but i am happy that it has been ported, anyone who still hasn't played this should definitely get it.

Comment

Would have been useful to add in one or two Nvidia cards purely as a reference point here.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Look forward to seeing numbers vs windows dx12.
            R9 290 seems to be not performing to it's potential. It's normally way faster than the R9 285. Wonder if this is a RadV optimization issue.

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
            Would have been useful to add in one or two Nvidia cards purely as a reference point here.
            he said the vs Nvidia numbers are coming in a separate article

Comment

Good performance and great to see it's working on all GPUs. Though I found strange why 290 is not much better than 285 and closer to 580.
              Thanks Michael. Can't wait to see the NVidia vs Radeon benchmarks.

Comment

I for one am happy I can use the 290X!!! Buying it now...

Comment

Originally posted by Enverex View Post
                  As others have pointed out and as I mentioned in the article, NVIDIA results are coming in a few hours... Only got access to the game yesterday, also been swamped with Ryzen+ today and other PTS matters, and also battling the flu on top of it.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
                    The game crashes when started from Steam client and shows blank screen when started from command-line.
                    Wow. So many details about your system specs. I am overwhelmed

Comment

Working...
                    X