Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Leap 15 Planned For Release At The End Of May

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Leap 15 Planned For Release At The End Of May

We've known openSUSE Leap 15 would arrive this summer now we finally know when exactly it will make its debut...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent news, it's actually already installed on my desktop and it works great!

Comment

nice.
      i wish it will be easy to install a newer kernel, though :S (other than by make make install )

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
        nice.
        i wish it will be easy to install a newer kernel, though :S (other than by make make install )

Click "show experimental packages" and "show community packages" to see all that can be readily installed.

When I find a version I want from a repo that looks decent, I add the repo and update it that way, rather than simply downloading and installing the package.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post

Click "show experimental packages" and "show community packages" to see all that can be readily installed.

When I find a version I want from a repo that looks decent, I add the repo and update it that way, rather than simply downloading and installing the package.
          All of the experimental packages for Leap 15.0 say Kernel 4.12.14. I'm really eager to try Leap for my work machine, as I need stability, but I'd also like to have the recent improvements of 4.16/4.17.

Comment

I am not sure I understand the numbering pattern.

suggests they had opensuse 10 to 13, then jumped to Leap 42.x series, 42.1, .2 and .3 and now they're back at 15.

so should 41.1 have been 14.0, 41.2 been 14.1 and 41.3 been 14.2?

Comment

The reason for the change of numbering is due to the fact that now Leap and Sle share 99% of the core, to avoid confusion it was decided to align the numbering with Sle. So we have Sle 15 and Leap 15.

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
                nice.
                There is a packaged daily build.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post

All of the experimental packages for Leap 15.0 say Kernel 4.12.14. I'm really eager to try Leap for my work machine, as I need stability, but I'd also like to have the recent improvements of 4.16/4.17.
                  Some community builds from the OBS (click on "show community packages" in that page) have latest kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov View Post
                    This repo has 4.16.2 (4.17 is still pre-release):

I am running 4.15.12 (on openSUSE Leap 42.3) that I updated from it, and it has indeed been stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X