CRYENGINE's Sandbox Editor Now Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

I'm curious to know if you had a look at Godot, and if so, what you thought about it

I had to look that up as well, Wikipedia seems to define it as "Games for other purposes than entertainment". I think it mostly applies to training, for military/medical/other purposes. I can imagine a VR firefighter training/simulation "game", for example, or a flight simulator whose purpose is to train pilots.

I think hat's either a clause to protect them, or to force people to buy more expensive licenses. But I mostly agree with your post. I however note that UE4's code has a similar "open source" policy, and it seems that it doesn't stop external contributions
    I don't think about Godot at all. I really don't want to say anything bad about Godot but does it have any games as good as farcry from 2004?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      The OSI gets to say what "open source" means
      No, we the people get to say that. Each and every word is created by people and the same goes for the definition of those words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

No, we the people get to say that. Each and every word is created by people and the same goes for the definition of those words.
        I was "literally" struck dumb by how harmful this attitude is toward the usefulness of language as a means of efficiently communicating ideas.

Comment

Phoronix named it worong, it should be:

CRYENGINE's Sandbox Editor Now Shared-Source

Comment

Working...
          X