Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Etnaviv Now Making Use Of AMDGPU DRM Scheduler, GC7000L Support Coming For Linux 4.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etnaviv Now Making Use Of AMDGPU DRM Scheduler, GC7000L Support Coming For Linux 4.18

Phoronix: Etnaviv Now Making Use Of AMDGPU DRM Scheduler, GC7000L Support Coming For Linux 4.18

The open-source driver developers responsible for the reverse-engineered, open-source Vivante GC graphics driver "Etnaviv" have sent in the pull request of their updates for DRM-Next that is of material to be found in the upcoming Linux 4.17 development cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool I did some Google searching and the NXP i.MX8M Quad with 2gigs RAM 8gigs emmc bluetooth gigabit Ethernet and wifi is on pre order for 99 bucks, not bad:

Last edited by chimpy; 22 March 2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
      Cool I did some Google searching and the NXP i.MX8M Quad with 2gigs RAM 8gigs emmc bluetooth gigabit Ethernet and wifi is on pre order for 99 bucks, not bad:

https://shop.technexion.com/wand-pi-8m-pro.html
      Now all that needs is a small SPI flash chip with u-boot on it so you can't brick the thing without really trying :^)

Comment

I ordered two of those.

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
          I ordered two of those.
          Nice. Out of curiosity what will you be using those for?

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
            Out of curiosity what will you be using those for?
            Hehe, glad you asked. One will become a laptop: Taped to the back of my portable LCD screen and soldered to a 5V regualtor powered by RC helicopter batteries (which I have plenty of). This will be my 5th attempt at that. The first one (RPi 1B) burnt up when I connected the battery the wrong way. The last one (Nitrogen6x) didn't tolerate my harsh use and developed a bad screen connector.

The other is for backup in case it gets sold out. I get enthusiastic when I see an SBC with the right GPU for once, and the CPU is spectre/meltdown safe.
            Last edited by andreano; 23 March 2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X