Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin Getting More Improvements For KDE Applications 18.04 & Other KDE Happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
    It's a shame that in his Patreon page, he's only getting $234 per month for this awesome work. I starting contributing to him a month ago and I hope he attains his goal so that he can continue this great polish work.
    In case someone wants to contribute to this guy's goal, this is the Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/ngraham/overview

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
      3 messages and still nobody shitting on KDE? Come on, trolls are late now
      There is no need to shit on KDE. I don't use it because GNOME just feels nicer and better designed to me, even with its dreaded Gnome Shell, but I really don't know why would someone feel actual hate towards a competing project. It's just software, people! If KDE makes good progress, kudos to them. What they need above anything, IMHO, is a nice polished distro where KDE would be implemented well. The closest thing I know of is Kubuntu but that has always been kind of a second class citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        What they need above anything, IMHO, is a nice polished distro where KDE would be implemented well. The closest thing I know of is Kubuntu but that has always been kind of a second class citizen.
        KDE Neon is the distro you are looking for. https://neon.kde.org/ The project is backed/hosted by the KDE community and used as a means of testing out the latest KDE software on a stable LTS base.

Comment

What they need above anything, IMHO, is a nice polished distro where KDE would be implemented well. The closest thing I know of is Kubuntu but that has always been kind of a second class citizen.
          Manjaro is fantastic for KDE. I've heard Chakra and KaOS(though a bit limited) are also nice. Kubuntu has been getting good rep lately too.

Comment

There is no need to shit on KDE. I don't use it because GNOME just feels nicer and better designed to me, even with its dreaded Gnome Shell, but I really don't know why would someone feel actual hate towards a competing project. It's just software, people! If KDE makes good progress, kudos to them. What they need above anything, IMHO, is a nice polished distro where KDE would be implemented well. The closest thing I know of is Kubuntu but that has always been kind of a second class citizen.
            OpenSUSE has a very solid implementation of KDE, the suse team have been big contributors to the KDE project over the years so they know it very well.

Comment

Wow, guys, thanks so much for the kind words and generous support! It's so nice to contribute to a project with such awesome users and community members.

InsideJob what's wrong with Bluetooth? Can you point me to some bug reports?

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post

That didn't take too long! Now that WiFi is working properly they can fix Bluetooth. Should be about 2025 or so..

I can't live without some Qt apps like K3B and Filelight but Gnome's Bluetooth stack is much better.
                I don't know what's your specific Bluetooth issue, but I heard many times that 18.04 brings a much improvement bluetooth stack. Using KDE Neon here myself, so would have to wait until 18.04 before I can too enjoy the upstream benefits.

Comment

It's a shame that in his Patreon page, he's only getting $234 per month for this awesome work. I starting contributing to him a month ago and I hope he attains his goal so that he can continue this great polish work.
                  Yeah, this guy really deserves to attain his goal!!!
                  His work is really great!!!

Funny, i always imagined openSUSE was that distro!!! It's all so well integrated that i really can't imagine it getting any better!!!

Comment

It sure is a shame, but it's the same for other developers. Timm Bäder from Corebird and GTK gets even less money per month than this guy, even though Corebird is one of the most popular (3rd party) apps on Linux. And I can name a few more. The Solus team is probably the only FOSS project on Patreon that has a huge amount of backers.
                    Last edited by Vistaus; 19 March 2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentalist View Post
                      47 backers for a hack-blog job seems quite low. Bigger markets like Ubuntu would probably generate more cash.
                      Except that Ubuntu has nothing to report for. They mainly distribute stuff of other.

Comment

Working...
                      X