Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

36-Way Comparison Of Amazon EC2 / Google Compute Engine / Microsoft Azure Cloud Instances vs. Intel/AMD CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36-Way Comparison Of Amazon EC2 / Google Compute Engine / Microsoft Azure Cloud Instances vs. Intel/AMD CPUs

Phoronix: 36-Way Comparison Of Amazon EC2 / Google Compute Engine / Microsoft Azure Cloud Instances vs. Intel/AMD CPUs

Earlier this week I delivered a number of benchmarks comparing Amazon EC2 instances to bare metal Intel/AMD systems. Due to interest from that, here is a larger selection of cloud instance types from the leading public clouds of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    All of these public cloud compute benchmarks and raw Linux CPU benchmarks were conducted in a fully-automated and reprodubie way using the open-source Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software

Comment

Very useful results, I loved the performance/price scale idea. Are you planning on doing any test that makes use of disk? It's the worse bottleneck that I've usually come across public cloud providers.

Comment

Any chance you could add Digital Ocean to your cloud providers for testing?

Comment

Indeed, the clouds have arrived, towering.

Comment

Working...
          X