Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pengutronix Gets Open-Source 3D Working On MX8M/GC7000 Hardware

Phoronix: Pengutronix Gets Open-Source 3D Working On MX8M/GC7000 Hardware

We've known that Pengutronix developers had been working on i.MX8M / GC7000 graphics support within their Etnaviv open-source driver stack from initial patches posted in January. Those patches back at the start of the year were for the DRM kernel driver, but it turns out they have already got basic 3D acceleration working...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it just me or the video looks like a bad trip?...

Comment

I would like to note that much of the userspace OpenGL driver implementation and all necessary reverse-engineering was done by the original Etnaviv project founder Wladimir J. van der Laan. My/Pengutronix part was really focused on the basic i.MX8M platform support on the upstream kernel (the demo runs on 4.16-rc2) and getting the necessary etnaviv kernel driver bits into place.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
        Is it just me or the video looks like a bad trip?...
        Aand... we found the hippie.

More seriously, yeah it does look a bit confusing with the rock and the movie running together.

Comment

It would be nice if they worked on Arcturus GC8000 released by Verisilicon after they bought out Vivante. It supports OpenCL 2.0, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenGL 4.0, Vulkan etc. Not sure what hardware if any ships with it though: http://www.verisilicon.com/IPPortfol...raphicsIP.html

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
            It would be nice if they worked on Arcturus GC8000 released by Verisilicon after they bought out Vivante. It supports OpenCL 2.0, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenGL 4.0, Vulkan etc. Not sure what hardware if any ships with it though: http://www.verisilicon.com/IPPortfol...raphicsIP.html
            Isn't the GC7000 series Vulkan capable?

Thought it's "just" a matter of a Linux driver.

Comment

Working...
            X