Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot Working On Ramping Up Their VR Support

Phoronix: Godot Working On Ramping Up Their VR Support

With the recent release of Godot 3.0 there is an OpenVR module, but that's just the beginning of this open-source 3D game engine in supporting virtual reality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why bother to support Occulus. It has already fallen behind in technology and will lose more ground with OpenXR.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
      Why bother to support Occulus. It has already fallen behind in technology and will lose more ground with OpenXR.
      OpenXR is just an Application<--->HMD-Vendor-Driver generic API and Oculus is in the working group.
      Last edited by sp82; 21 February 2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Leap Motion is not a headset, it's just an input device that turned out to be interesting for VR.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
          Heh... The most obtainable, costs-wise, on Windows system?

Considering that there's limited traction with Vive and Oculus third-party support's almost caught up with the Vive and surpassed it through OpenHMD...you might want to pause about the comments there. The support's on Windows and Oculus is the most sold right now being that it's half the price, most approachable. As for fallen behind...perhaps. Care to point me to a VR subsystem that fully works like the Oculus and Vive do on Windows that works FULLY on Linux? I'm ALL eyes and ears because I'd buy right now instead of working with the OpenHMD guys on things.

Comment

OpenXR is the future. Look for ex. here:
            https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...t-impressions/

Comment

Working...
            X