A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Uhm, what? In my understanding every total war game has been triple A title in the past. Or maybe I'm too fond on the series.
    He was talking about Deep Sixed not being a AAA title.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post

Totally different game engine and totally different type of game. All their total war games have been OpenlGL ports, so I'm not waiting this to be any different.

Well warhammer uses 64bit and shogun(as is Attila) 32bit total war game engine 3. So hopefully this one uses 64bit engine too.
      I dont think that is the reason. It is mainly the GPU that is better used, not the CPU. Though of course 64bit cant hurt, but it doesnt explaind the 3-4 times better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        I dont think that is the reason. It is mainly the GPU that is better used, not the CPU. Though of course 64bit cant hurt, but it doesnt explaind the 3-4 times better performance.
        Well, at very least I'd say that's an indication that it's on a newer engine with whatever optimization work has been done there.

Other than that, with a math/physics heavy game like Total War there may be some significant speed improvements just with being 64-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post

Well, at very least I'd say that's an indication that it's on a newer engine with whatever optimization work has been done there.

Other than that, with a math/physics heavy game like Total War there may be some significant speed improvements just with being 64-bit.
          That math and physics is all on the GPU. But the AI also takes turns much faster and that is CPU job and probably helped both by 64 bit being faster and possibly by having more memory ( I haven't checked if it uses more than 3Gbytes though)

Comment

Working...
          X