Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Coming To Linux

Phoronix: A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Coming To Linux

After announcing last week that they are bringing Rise of the Tomb Raider to Linux, Feral Interactive announced this morning they are also bringing A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is the Battle of Hastings featured? I thought that was what the '...to the green fields of Anglo-Saxon Kent...' was referring to, but I've just Googled it and Hastings is in East Sussex so probably not. If I get to fire an arrow into Harold's eye count me in.

Comment

I love these guys!

Comment

Rise Of The Tomb Raider will make use of Vulkan. So let's hope this one will do too.
        Maybe i'm wrong, but i think that a good implementation of Vulkan would greatly benfit this game when having thousands of units on the battlefield...

Comment

Total Warhammer 1 works fairly well on Linux. Total War: Shogun however was poorly optimized.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
            Rise Of The Tomb Raider will make use of Vulkan. So let's hope this one will do too.
            Maybe i'm wrong, but i think that a good implementation of Vulkan would greatly benfit this game when having thousands of units on the battlefield...
            Probably would yes.

Although Unfortunately it seems like most Linux ports for some reason, maybe due to the way they are ported, end up being bottlenecked in ways that the native windows game isn't. So may still end up being slower even with Vulkan...

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              Total Warhammer 1 works fairly well on Linux. Total War: Shogun however was poorly optimized.
              Sadly, I can confirm this. Warhammer has better graphics, and runs amazingly well with huge battles. Shogun 2, on the other hand, struggles badly, even with a GTX 1070.

Comment

Sigh... yet another strategy game

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                  Sigh... yet another strategy game
                  Since it's not a triple A title it doesn't get much attention but you can buy a lot of fun/$ with Deep Sixed - no strategy

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
                    Totally different game engine and totally different type of game. All their total war games have been OpenlGL ports, so I'm not waiting this to be any different.

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                    Well warhammer uses 64bit and shogun(as is Attila) 32bit total war game engine 3. So hopefully this one uses 64bit engine too.

​​​​​​​
                    Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

Since it's not a triple A title it doesn't get much attention but you can buy a lot of fun/$ with Deep Sixed - no strategy
                    Uhm, what? In my understanding every total war game has been triple A title in the past. Or maybe I'm too fond on the series.

Comment

Working...
                    X