SQLite 3.22 Brings Zipfile Module For Interacting With Zip Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQLite 3.22 Brings Zipfile Module For Interacting With Zip Archives

Phoronix: SQLite 3.22 Brings Zipfile Module For Interacting With Zip Archives

SQLite 3.22 is now available as the latest version of this widely-used, embedded database library...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Uhm, who would want anything like this?
    This seems very weird...

Comment

I'm interested in testing it. On an embedded device running a RTOS.

Say you have a database that contains information about people that are added and marked in-active. Now a person leaves so you archive their information for a period in case they come back or for historic reporting. Those historic reports are most likely for an audit that occurrences once in a great while or inspectors. Storage of past information does not effect the speed / indexing of the primary database.

Comment

it is already April 1st? The least thing I want in my DB, especially a _lite_ one is ZIP file support, ... :_/?

Comment

They shouldn't have done that..

Now you will get idiots that put massive zip files in SQLite and then query WITHIN that under supposed reasons of "cool new feature"...
          Bad feature if you ask me. SQLite should stick with the "Lite" part in their name. Cut the crap out, literally.

Comment

Ok, so I can finally use SQLite to extract ZIP files?

Comment

Working...
            X