Linux 4.15 Expected To Be Released Today, But It Might Be 4.15-rc9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.15 Expected To Be Released Today, But It Might Be 4.15-rc9

Phoronix: Linux 4.15 Expected To Be Released Today, But It Might Be 4.15-rc9

After going through release candidates the past eight weeks, the Linux 4.15 kernel is expected to be released later today by Linus Torvalds...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh please let it be a final release. I want to switch back to my main distro (Tumbleweed).

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
      Doesn't matter, we now know that going from 4.14.8 to 4.14.9 can break everything and nobody will take any responsibility, despite it being touted as a "stable" branch. What are the odds of 4.15 really being stable when released? About 0% according to my calculations.
      I didn't notice any breakage, care to clarify preferably with a bug report

Comment

better one more rc9 than a 4.15.0 with a lot of problems

Comment

I've been running RC7 and RC8 for a couple of weeks, and its been flawless. Looking like a good release to me.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
            better one more rc9 than a 4.15.0 with a lot of problems
            The distros won't automatically switch to 4.15.0. It doesn't matter that much anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

The distros won't automatically switch to 4.15.0. It doesn't matter that much anyways.
              The rolling ones will

Comment

Working...
              X