Wine 3.0 Released With Initial Direct3D 11 Support, D3D Command Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    A feature I would be happy to see in 4.0 is a more contained ecosystem. Currently when you install wine, it puts its wine notepad, wine internet explorer etc. into all context menus without asking, puts unnecessary icons into the main menu, modifies non-wine config files without even asking. Uninstalling wine leaves all this in place, as these are things not created by the package manager. This is very malicious behavior and should be stopped.
    +9999 to that

Comment

Originally posted by Uramekus

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...e_associations

look at prevent wine file associations
      TL;DR: Add this line to your desktop's environment-setup script. (eg. ~/.xsessionrc, ~/.kde/env/wine_improvements.sh, etc.)

Code:
      export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winemenubuilder.exe=d"
      If you're using PlayOnLinux without its scripts as a Wine version downloader and WINEPREFIX manager, you probably also want to keep your games from stashing their cruft in your Documents folder. To automate the process of unchecking "Link to..." in winecfg > Desktop Integration > Folders when creating new prefixes, create a ~/.PlayOnLinux/configurations/post_prefixcreate file containing this line:

Code:
      POL_Call POL_Install_PrivateUserDirs

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

TL;DR: Add this line to your desktop's environment-setup script. (eg. ~/.xsessionrc, ~/.kde/env/wine_improvements.sh, etc.)

Code:
        export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winemenubuilder.exe=d"
        If you're using PlayOnLinux without its scripts as a Wine version downloader and WINEPREFIX manager, you probably also want to keep your games from stashing their cruft in your Documents folder. To automate the process of unchecking "Link to..." in winecfg > Desktop Integration > Folders when creating new prefixes, create a ~/.PlayOnLinux/configurations/post_prefixcreate file containing this line:

Code:
        POL_Call POL_Install_PrivateUserDirs
        Isn't integration with your linux desktop environment a good thing? The more seemless the better right?

Comment

Performance improvements for DX9/10/11. But for DX12 and Vulkan before.

Comment

Vulkan-based implementation of D3D9, D3D10 and D3D11 for Linux / Wine - Commits · doitsujin/dxvk

Comment

Better support for USB HID devices. E.g. the PhoenixRC simulator seems to work perfectly in Wine - except that its necessary USB adapter / dongle is not detected.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
                Better support for USB HID devices. E.g. the PhoenixRC simulator seems to work perfectly in Wine - except that its necessary USB adapter / dongle is not detected.
                Wine needs to implement full USB pass-through and driver. Many people want to run their Smartphone suites and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
                  By the way, if any of you are on AMD cards using Mesa 17.3.x, DXVK will get you better CPU performance for ESO online and Nier Automata
                  How so?

Comment

I will like only one game to be fully supported.
                    That is GTA V.
                    I don't care about the others.
                    And I definitely don't care about Direct3D 12 because I will never buy a DX 12 only game.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy1524 View Post
                      By the way, if any of you are on AMD cards using Mesa 17.3.x, DXVK will get you better CPU performance for ESO online and Nier Automata
                      That's good to hear but I still really hope that ESO's Vulkan plans pan out. This image is a screenshot of the ESO PTS file strings from the ESO forums:

Comment

Working...
                      X