Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 18.0 Will Enter Its Feature Freeze Soon

Phoronix: Mesa 18.0 Will Enter Its Feature Freeze Soon

The Mesa 18.0 feature freeze and release candidate will be issued in the days ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any progress with OpenCL?

Comment

wonder if Fedora Devs will ever get Mesa 17.3 to build let alone push it to F27

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        wonder if Fedora Devs will ever get Mesa 17.3 to build let alone push it to F27
        You can use the latest kernel (i.e. 4.15 if you want DC) and latest Mesa (17.3) from Rawhide (dev branch) pretty easily on the current Fedora version. You just have to add the rawhide repo - something like this:
        $ sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide

Then update kernel + mesa packages:
        $ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=rawhide update kernel mesa\*

If you want to remove the rawhide packages and go back to pristine install, you can use the dnf distro-sync command.

Comment

Originally posted by vito View Post

You can use the latest kernel (i.e. 4.15 if you want DC) and latest Mesa (17.3) from Rawhide (dev branch) pretty easily on the current Fedora version. You just have to add the rawhide repo - something like this:
          $ sudo dnf install fedora-repos-rawhide

Then update kernel + mesa packages:
          $ sudo dnf install --enablerepo=rawhide update kernel mesa\*

If you want to remove the rawhide packages and go back to pristine install, you can use the dnf distro-sync command.
          some redhat/fedora kernel guy builds kernels seperately ( cant remember where, in fedorapeople perhaps ) josh boywer builds them i think. for fedora stable releases

Comment

Until ROCm and libdrm is recognized in Blender for OpenCL I'm stuck on Mesa 17.2.x and AMDGPU Pro OpenCL Stack. Or if AMD releases a newer Pro release based upon Mesa 17.3.x stack then I can move to the standard Mesa 17.3.x stack w/o XOrg crashing on start up.

Comment

Working...
            X